Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Trust No One

If you are a movie fan you would've heard this sentence a lot, well for me it was a little different, it was "TRUST NO ONES CODE", even though I believe in open source and stuff like this, but I had it in my mind for a long time, I wrote almost everything from scratch, I only use my code library.
well for quite sometime, I decided that I might be wrong, there exist people in this planet that are smart, and can do a lot of good job, and they can be trusted. I guess I had to learn the value of this rule the hard way.
everything worked fine, it was like magic, the library I used worked like magic, until the extensive testing time had came ...
and wow there was a little bug, so small, that rarely happen, but the system couldn't go while it's there, and it was in the library.
OK, let's fix the library, and who is the criminal that wrote that library, the whole library was built that this bug won't happen, it was spread all over the library, fixing the bug means changing the whole library, which is not all useful ...
and now I had to spend the night rebuilding parts of that system, I guess I learned my lesson, I would trust nobodies code anymore, I would only trust what my hands have done, but I learned it the hard way.

TRUST NO ONES CODE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) we always learn from our mistakes :)